Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Still Sick...


This morning's X-ray showed Anna's intestines are dialated again - at about three times the level they were yesterday. She had been on a 7-day count to slowly resuming feeds, but now all bets are off again. They are placing the orogastric tube back down into her tummy to provide suction, and hopefully decompression, of her intestines at least for the next 48 hours, and will continue to take X-rays to monitor her abdomen. Under normal circumstances, even without feeds, the intestines continuously move air through themselves; but Anna's are still more "sick" than expected, as evidenced by their inability to move air through themselves. We will be looking at the X-ray with the doctor and hearing from him directly later this morning to understand the broader implications, but in the meantime, we are just praying God will heal Anna's intestines! Thank you for your continued prayers for her!

6 comments:

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

We are praying for little Anna. The God we serve is mighty and gracious, abounding in mercy.

The Palins

Amy said...

What a rollercoaster of emotions you must feel...praying for you guys and sweet little Anna..

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing. I am so glad when you get to hold her and comfort her, I'm sure she's in need of it with all her body's going through. We will keep praying. Love you guys.

Emma said...

Thanks for the updates. We're priviliged to be a part of the family of God holding you up to Him during all of this. The road is rocky right now . . .we have been praying with renewed fervency!

The Mitchells

Katie Eagy said...

"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart."

Jeremiah 29:11-13

Praying for your family.

Unknown said...

You are loved and we are praying. I keep all my 111 friends on facebook updated and they are praying.