Monday, November 9, 2009

Answered Prayers

Today Anna is doing a lot better! She continues to amaze us all. The doctors were very encouraged by her x-ray this morning and believe she is on the road to recovery. I hugged all of the doctors and nurses multiple times!
Anna still has an area in her intestines that they are continuing to watch and are hopeful that it will heal. It was slightly more inflamed than the last x-ray, but they believe it will begin to shrink back to normal size. She is currently receiving her fifth blood transfusion, which will help her have the strength to continue to feel better and recover.
Anna's respiratory functions have been great in spite of everything that has taken place. Many times they thought that she would have to be put back on a ventilator, but she has been breathing comfortably so far. I was able to hold her yesterday for 2 1/2 hours! It was so wonderful to have her in my arms...what JOY she has brought to us. We are so thankful for every opportunity the Lord gives us with our sweet girl!
Thank you all SO much for your continued prayers! God has been so gracious to us.

9 comments:

Gloria said...

Hi Noah and Angie
I met you both at the hospital when my daughter brought your breast pump. I know it was a divine appointment because I have been praying non-stop for Anna and your family ever since. My daughters and some of my church family are also praying and will continue praying until Anna is completely healthly. I am encouraged by your faith and look forward to many more good reports. God is faithful
Give that Baby lots of love from us.
Be Blessed
Gloria

Katie Eagy said...

Noah and Angie, we want you to know how encouraged we are by your faith in this time. Even when you are facing such a huge difficulty, you are praising the Lord through it! We have spent much time interceding on your behalf. Thanks for the updates. Love you guys!

Maren Berry said...

I am so glad to hear this!! I have checked multiple times a day to see if there was any update on you guys. I am so encouraged that she is improving! Our church is also praying for her, and many of my friends on Facebook who do not know you are also praying. What a wonderful way to see the people of Christ come together for a common purpose, and to see those prayers answered! We will continue to pray for strength, and healing in her little body!

Abby said...

Noah and Angie,

Ben and I have been praying for both of you and little Anna for the past month and just wanted to let you know. Anna is so precious; thank you for sharing her pictures and videos with us! I echo Maren in saying that we will continue to pray that Lord will bless your family and that Anna will grow strong and healthy. Much love to all of you!

-Abby (and Ben) Borders

Crystal said...

We are praising the Lord with you - I weep through every update you post. Somehow, we feel like Anna belongs to us too - and are thankful for your posts and updates so that we can pray for her - and you - only imagining all of the details of what life is like for your entire family on a daily basis. much love to your family.

Mrs. Jorgenson said...

I've been praying for little Anna Joy and asking that the Lord would heal her little body... I think about her all the time and I'm thankful to receive these updates to see how the Lord is taking care of you during this trial.

The Eaks said...

We're very very glad to hear this report. Thanks for letting us know. I am like Crystal, I can't make it through your posts dry eyed. Scott and I pray together for you guys every night. Wish we were closer.
Lots of love to you all,
Carey

Todd and Noelle said...

praising the Lord with you!

Unknown said...

Praise the Lord!! We were so glad to hear Anna is doing better today!