Thursday, November 19, 2009
Progressing and... Eating Again!
Thank you all for your prayers for Anna Joy! Yesterday, they started her feeds again. They started with just 5 ml (~1 tsp.) per feeding, at intervals of three hours. We (and all the doctors and nurses) were very anxious to see how she would do because she had been throwing up a lot in the few days prior to her feeds starting again. Three hours after each feed, they draw out any residual liquid from her tummy through her feeding tube to analyze how effective her digestion is and to see whether there are any potential problems. We praise God that her residuals have been very minimal, and the color of her tummy liquid has been "good!" Today they advanced to 10 ml per feed and continue to monitor her residuals. The plan is to advance her feedings slowly until they reach a "full" feed amount of 45 ml (two weeks ago she was receiving feeds of 30 ml before they were discontinued). We're praying God would give extra go-power to Anna's tummy and intestines so that she can again reach a point where all her nutrition is received through the tube to her tummy (which later, will make nursing possible!). Thank you again so much for praying!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh Angie, I am so happy for you that Anna is doing a little bit better. I pray for you and Noah and your little girl everyday. I so wish I could of seen you before we left for Florida but I was quite sick. Although I can't hug you in person, please know how much we love and care for your precious family and know that we pray for you all often. God is at work in your lives in a mighty way and we pray that you and Noah will continue to give God glory in the midst of your trial. The Lord's hands ARE upon you and you little girl. We love you!
Yeah Anna!!! Mommy's milk is just what you needed!! :)
Post a Comment