Sunday, October 4, 2009

Baby Duties!




The nurses have now asked Noah and me to help out with some of Anna's cares throughout the day. They are feeding her 2 ml every few hours to see how she does with it, and Noah has been able to give her a few of these feedings! They now allow us to change her diaper, take her temperature, do her mouth cleaning, and of course, hold her for one hour each day!! So far she has done really well with her breathing. She is at 21% oxygen (the equivalent of regular air); her nasal tubes are there to provide extra pressure so that her lungs don't deflate too much while she breathes. Also, the humidity in the incubator is being lowered because her skin has become stronger and more able to contain her hydration.

They are monitoring the level-2 bleed in the brain, and it has not "extended" (increased a level) so far. The blood vessels in her brain become more mature each day, so we thank God for each passing day, and try to keep our faith in Him for how this will turn out (no trusting in probabilities!!). And we are so thankful for everyone's continued prayers!


5 comments:

MellieB said...

What a blessing that you are able to interact with Anna so much. I am amazed at your strength and endurance through this incredible time. Angie and Noah--you are living testimonies to God's grace and mercy as is Anna. We will continue to pray for her strength and for her physical issues. Anna Joy, you are true joy from our Lord and we know that He has a plan for you and your family.

Melissa for the Bates family

The Eaks said...

What a treasured time it must be to hold her each day! I'm so thankful to hear how much interaction she is getting with you guys! She's just amazing. I'm in awe of the way the Lord creates and sustains new life! May you continue to be strengthened and encouraged as you trust and rest in Him!
Love and hugs from our family,
Carey

Anonymous said...

She's looking sturdier by the minute! I'm sure she loves and benefits greatly from her time with mom and dad!

Crystal said...

I am so happy that you get to do more and more for precious little Anna Joy - we continue to pray for her, and for you :)

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

I'm so thankful that you are getting to interact with her and touch her each day. How hard that would be to just watch her and not be able to hold her.
I continue to pray that the bleeding will not increase. Grow baby Anna, grow!