Over the past four days, Anna has hung in there. Though her breathing has been inconsistent, and she has had to remain on the C-PAP; she has been digesting her feedings very well. She is now up to 8 ml of breast milk per feeding! This has resulted in enough weight gain to put her up over the 2 lb. mark! Yesterday she received her third blood transfusion, and this morning her fourth brain ultrasound. We are awaiting the results.
Today Angie enjoyed her first skin-to-skin session in more than 4 days. It was such a precious hour, and Anna tolerated it very well. She knows who her mommy is! She also had her first physical therapy session today to help her developmentally, where the NICU specialists aim to help Anna do what she would normally be doing in the womb right now.
Thankfully Anna has been sleeping better over the last 1-2 days. We hope and pray that this will continue. We know that God's purposes for Anna will be accomplished. He knit her in Angie's womb; her early delivery was not outside His will; and who she will be is safely in His hands.
Psalm 139: 13-17
For You formed my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in Your book were written, every one of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
8 comments:
thanks so much for the update...our church family is praying for you all and little Anna. I'm so glad He is upholding you through this. He is a good and faithful God.
Praying...
Praise the Lord for every moment, every day :) I am so happy she can have breast milk, I was wondering about that :) I watch for updates every day and we continue to pray for each of you.
Wow! 2 pounds! Great to hear she is gaining weight and able to eat so well. We are continually remembering you....
Love, Carey
so glad to hear she's growing! Wish I could come visit you guys. :) so encouraging to see your continuted faith in the Lord's plans and purposes. He is making you more like Christ!! Love you both.
Praising the Lord for this good report and continuing to pray! Your faith is such an inspiration and encouragement.
Love,
Bret, Katey, Aleithea, Timmy, Titus
EEEEEKKKKKKK!!! SO COOL!! 2 lbs!!! I have been overly blessed by reading your blogs, and seeing pics of sweet Anna. I haven't even met her, but somehow feel a very strong connection to her! Probably b/c I seem to think of her at the most random parts of the day & stop and pray for her (and for her mommy and daddy). Hope you guys are hangin in there with all the up's and down's. It's gotta be so tough, and heartbreaking at moments. We are faithfully keeping the entire family in our prayers! We're just a phone call away if you ever need anything!! Love, Brett,Shan & The Micah Master
Noah & Angie - we haven't heard any updates lately, but want you to know we're still praying and you all are very much on our hearts each day.
Melody & Dave
Post a Comment