Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Skin-to-Skin


Today I was able to hold my precious little Anna. We got to the hospital early this morning and one of the nurses told me that Anna needed a diaper change. They asked me to change her little diaper! Her diapers are about the size of a credit card...so tiny! They consider Anna to be a micro-preemie! She may be small but she is very strong! They asked me if I had time to hold her for about an hour...I was SO excited! They call this "skin-to-skin," it helps both Mommy and baby with bonding. Anna was able to hear my heartbeat and smell me and I was able to cuddle up next to most delicate baby I have ever held. She was so calm on my chest and I could hear little sounds coming out of her every so often. This day will forever be remembered. Thank you God for such a special time with my little girl!

10 comments:

Shannon said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a blessing you have there Angie. Can't wait to meet her someday!

Carol said...

Oh, Angie...I cried when I read your post. That is the most precious picture! What a blessing that you were able to interact so much with Anna today, changing her diaper and cuddling together. Praise God!

Eileen B. said...

Angie, this picture of you and Anna leaves me speechless. How wonderful that you could hold her and feel her sweetness and she yours! In my heart, I share this indescribable joy that only a God like ours could provide so generously.

Unknown said...

Angie,
How precious! I am so glad that you got to hold Anna.

Becca and Jesse said...

What a blessing! How special your time must have been! Let the kangaroo time continue!!!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

I teared up at this picture and your words. How precious Angie. I had to smile a bit at the nurse asking you if you had time to hold your baby for an hour. I bet you were like, umm YES! What a very special day. I can't even imagine what it would be like to hold such a tiny tiny baby.
Praising God with you...
Michelle

Crystal said...

Your heart and the picture are beautiful beyond words - to God be all praise and glory :)

Anonymous said...

Precious! What a sweet blessing from the Lord to be able to hold your little Anna. When our friends had their baby girl at 27 weeks they took some pictures to try to give everyone perspective on just how tiny she was. I thought I would pass this along as some of those reading may appreciate it as well. They used their wedding rings, dads hands, credit cards, you name it. continuing to pray as you cling to our Savior and trust in His sovereignty.
Nicole

Heather said...

What a amazing moment or hour that must have been for you. Thanks for sharing it with us through pictures and words. Still praying for you and your sweet little girl.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thrilled that you were able to have this much-needed bonding time with Anna. She is miniscule, but I'm shocked at how beautiful and healthy she looks! What a blessing from God she is. I think about you day in and day out and try to imagine how it must be to be apart from your newborn so much and I know you will need continued prayer through all of this. Praise God she is doing better and fighting so hard to breathe on her own. I love the picture of her with her rump in the air! So precious!