Monday, September 28, 2009

One day at a time...

Today brought about a lot of emotion. Little Anna held my hand this morning and stared into my eyes for about an hour. She seemed to be soothed by my voice and just looked so precious to me. A few minutes of beautiful bliss quickly turned more concerning as the staff brought me new information. Earlier this morning they had noticed that Anna's red blood cell count was low and so they had performed an ultrasound on her brain. The results were showing that she had some bleeding on the brain, which is measured by a rating between 1 and 4 (the lower the rating, the better). Anna's was rated a 2, which means she's in a danger zone, but it has not at this point created any pressure on the brain itself. She was given a blood transfusion around noon today and, Lord willing, the bleeding will stop and be resolved. We just received an update late tonight, and Anna is currently more stable (i.e. less "stressed") than she has been in the preceding 18 or so hours. She's resting well.
It was difficult leaving the hospital today. I cried and cried as we left our little Anna....I know that God is in control and that she is in good hands with the St. Luke's staff.

20 comments:

MellieB said...

Anna, we pray for you knowing that God will be there to hold you up and give you the strength to fight through all of this! How precious every moment of her life is. Angie and Noah, we will be praying that God gives you strength physically and mentally to persevere over these next few weeks. Hang in there and continue to have faith in our Lord.

Melissa for the Bates family

Amy said...

Oh Angie, I'm praying for you guys and sweet little Anna. So thankful you were able to hold her and soothe her, and I will pray and pray that the Lord will stop the bleeding. Praying also for comfort and patience and peace as you wait to bring her home. Rest well..

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

Oh Angie, I bet that was so hard to leave her tonight. I'm sure all of us moms would have had a hard time doing that.
I pray that you will all rest well tonight and that tomorrow will bring more encouraging news.

Wendi leigh said...

Angie & Noah, thank you for updating us. I've been checking your site all day and have been in prayer for you both and Anna Joy throughout the day. God is so gracious and faithful. My heart is warmed by the blessing of your sweet time of bonding with Anna today. I pray that you will have rest tonight and return to Anna with renewed energy tomorrow. By God's grace she is growing even as we "speak" and will be even stronger tomorrow. Hang in there you guys! You are not alone - the almighty God is with you!

Love to you all - Wendi for the Brooks Family

dykstras said...

Thanks for the update, Ang. Hurting with you and praising God for the comfort He is giving you MOMENT BY MOMENT! Love to you all...

Unknown said...

Praying for God's unfathomable grace to enable you to wait on Him patiently and peacefully during the days ahead...
We love you guys SO much and our hearts are tejoicing and hurting with yours...
Hang in there,
Katey and Bret

The Eaks said...

So wonderful to hear you are able hold Anna's hand. We were just thinking of you and wondering if you were able to touch your sweet little gal. What a precious blessing! We pray God will make all grace abound to you. You are on our hearts and minds all day, and we pray accordingly.
Lots of love to you all,
Carey

ann marie said...

Thanks for the update that we might know how to pray! Praying that the Lord will stop the bleeding and strengthen her. Praying for each of you.

plantings5 said...

I'm praying for you today. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Love you!

Heather said...

Oh Angie, leaving the hospital must have been one of the hardest things you've ever done. I have been praying for you as Anna mama to find comfort in the Lord, strength in his promises and peace becuase He loves you. I will be praying for the bleeding to stop and for her little body to be strong and stress free. We love you guys.

Unknown said...

Still praying...the updates are helping us know how to pray. Trusting God will graciously comfort you and strengthen you in each moment full of many emotions.

The Freses

Emma said...

Angie - thanks for the update - I check all the time to see how you are all doing. We're praying, praying, praying!

The Mitchells

Bridgette said...

Angie and Noah, We just heard from Heather about your sweet girl. I just wanted to tell you that Chad and I are praying for you. For wisdom, grace, strength, and healing. I will be following your blog; thanks for your updates!

Much Love, Bridgette Phillips

Unknown said...

Angie,

Wanted to pass on an encouraging report of how God was in control in someone else's similar situation. A friend was telling me today that her friend's daughter was born at 24 weeks, and is now 1 and a half and has nothing wrong with her.
Love you guys so much and praying for God's grace to abound to you guys at this scary and uncertain time and miraculously enable you to trust and patiently wait on Him, with His peace.

--Katey

Riann said...

Noah and Angie,

My heart is breaking for you right now and I will be constantly praying for Anna and the rest of your family. Be so thankful for one another and for your family and friends who are surrounding, encouraging, and lifting you up in prayer.
Our family went through a similar situation about 16mos. ago with two little boys. I have identical twin nephews that were born at 27wks. (1lb 6oz, and 2lbs 2oz), they are Miracles from God! The time that they spent in the hospital was a roller coaster, there was always news, good one day and then bad the next. Cling to the good. We are so thankful that God is sovereign. The boys came home after 13wks. w/ heart monitors and oxygen. Both boys were taken off oxygen and heart monitors when they were about 9mos. old. They are both healthy, just starting to walk, and are a little mischievous!

We love you guys,
Sam and Riann Zink

Crystal said...

Angie - we continue to pray for you, and using our recent prayer chain to pray for you all too. While I was in the hospital last week, my husband read through some Psalms, and I just sat and wept as I was reminded and strengthened while we focused on God's character. I am so thankful that you all have the Lord to lean on during this difficult time :) Our God is good, and there is nothing that is too hard for Him :)

Dianne Guzzle said...

Noah and Angie,
You are in our prayers as well as little Anna. We'll check in every few days to see how we can help.

Patrick and Dianne Guzzle (your neighbors)

Unknown said...

I have been checking all day and praying also! God loves her so much and will continue to give you the strength to trust Him alone. We miss you guys and will continue praying!!!!

Todd and Noelle said...

Praying for you guys, that God will uphold you! Praising God with you for Anna, and interceding for her.

~Noelle Faris

Unknown said...

Noah and Angie,
We are continually praying for you and your family. I know that in everything God will continue to meet each of your needs. You are truly blessed!

Richard and Kathleen