Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Another day. . .

Since Angie was discharged yesterday, we woke up at home today wondering how Anna was doing! We visited her in the morning and again in the afternoon. Today she was on her tummy, with her bottom up in the air, and she was so incredibly precious as we watched her breathe on her own. We praised God she had the strength to be taken off of the ventilator, at least temporarily!

After a rough morning, her vitals were consistent all day and she was calm and restful. Her red blood cell count has remained steady since the transfusion, her blood-sugar level has decreased to normal, and she has begun breathing more strongly without as much difficulty. We praise God for this great news, as it is especially important for her to be calm, comfortable, and relaxed in these first few days.

There were no signs today (of those that are monitored) that pointed to extension of bleeding in the brain, so we are praying and we are hopeful that the bleeding will subside and be resolved. Tomorrow the doctors will take a follow-up ultrasound on her brain to determine how things have developed. Please pray we would be ready for the results of this ultrasound!

We are so thankful little Anna is in the hands of our loving and sovereign God. We look forward to the blessing of seeing her again tomorrow!

Here's a short video of her from this morning (the crying sound is another baby in the room).


11 comments:

The Eaks said...

How precious! Thanks for the update, we will keep praying. You have some Asian believers praying for you now too!
Love,
Carey

Heather said...

Praise the Lord for allowing precious Anna to breath on her own and wiggle for you. You all are in our prayers here in Florida.

Wendi leigh said...

Whooo Hoooo! Angie & Noah, I'm doing a happy dance at 6:30 AM! I'm thrilled to see the video and hear that she's done some breathing on her own! It's been a good day for her! As I pray for continued growth and stength for her I will pray for you both as well. I know that God will sustain you and I pray you will be encouraged by the testing today. Love to you all - Wendi for the Brooks Family

Heather said...

So glad to hear all the great news and to see her moving around...so sweet! We will continue to pray about the bleeding and for strength for you two. God is good and we thank him for every moment you get to be with your precious little girl. Love you guys!
Heather & Jay

Crystal said...

My 2 - almost 3 year old is wild with excitement at seeing baby Anna Joy "wiggle on her tummy" - we praise the Lord with you and continue to pray :)

dykstras said...

Thank you SO much for the video, Noah and Ang! She is so sweet! I too loved seeing her wiggle her little butt! Too presh! We're still approaching (or RUNNING) to the throne of grace on your and Anna's behalf. Much love to you all!
Lyndsey for the Dykstra's

Becca and Jesse said...

Just letting you know that we're thinking of you and praying for you all. Let me know if I can help with anything. My mom and I will touch base with Darcy to see what your needs are (meals, help with kids, cleaning, etc.). Continue to be a light for the Lord during this difficult time.

ann marie said...

I agree..what a sweet little wiggly bum! We will be praying for you today as you hear the ultrasound results. May the Lord continue to strengthen you all.

Jason and Lisa said...

I am so glad you posted this video. What a little miracle!

Katie Eagy said...

Praying today as Anna undergoes another brain ultrasound. We sure love you guys and are constantly praying for you.

Unknown said...

How beautiful! She is so sweet. I'm praying for you!