Thursday, June 3, 2010

Is Summer Really Coming??

Last week we saw Anna's doctor and we were very encouraged.
Here are some new stats:
1. She is in the 3rd percentile for weight for babies born in Dec. (12 lbs 10 oz)
2. She is in the 10th percentile for height (for babies born in Sept.!) The doctor was surprised that Anna had maintained her weight so well...given how much she had grown.
3. They checked her iron levels and they came out normal!

We were concerned about a lump that had developed on her neck over the last two weeks. Thankfully, we found out that it was just her lymph node and that it's a good sign that her immune system has started to develop!

We can now take her to the store to run errands or go to other places for short periods of time. The Dr. advised us to still not take her to places that are crowded with people.

Anna is still not eating very well. Each meal takes a lot of time and we've learned we have to create several distractions for her to get her to eat. Today she was weighed again and had only gained 2 ounces from over a week ago. Please pray that her intestines would continue to mature and heal so that she can be more satisfied eating and will not grow intolerant of liquids.

Last weekend Noah and I went to Northern CA for a wedding. We had a wonderful time seeing family and friends, and we were also able to catch a Giants game at AT&T Park! It was difficult to be apart from our kids, but we thoroughly enjoyed our time together. And it was so good to sleep! Thanks Mom and Dad for making that possible!

Heather and Chad are growing up too quickly! Chad is saying more and more new sentences each day that make everyone laugh...a lot! He is in the 95% for his height! Cars is still his favorite movie. Most of the day you will find him rolling something up and down the hallway. Heather loves to paint and draw just about anything. If you can't find her, she is probably somewhere reading a book by herself or to Anna, or pretending with Chad. She has a giant imagination!

3 comments:

Katie Eagy said...

It will be so good to see you at church again...when the time is right! I'm so glad to hear of all Anna's progress over the last months. She truly is a miracle and I love seeing all the pictures you post!

The Mitchells Five said...

I'm not sure that summer is actually coming! I was so glad to see your trip with Noah - I'm sure it was refreshing. And I'm thrilled to hear that Anna is maintaining and growing! We hope to see you all this summer!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

It is so good to read this great report on Anna's progress. I am so excited that you now have some freedom to be out and about and see people. I bet you had a great time in SF. So fun that you two got to get away alone. You definitely needed that!