
It was a long weekend of extra effort to try to keep Anna eating, but she kept refusing, and added some vomiting and a fever into the mix. We took her into the pediatrician yesterday, and after checking her out, her doctor decided she should be admitted to St. Luke's downtown. She had become very dehydrated, and a few big ticket items needed to be checked (like a blockage or partial blockage in her intestines). Last night they ran some labs and also x-rays of her abdomen, and there were no visible intestinal issues. She has taken in a lot of fluid through the IV, but continues to be willing to eat even less and less (she has probably taken in only about 4 ounces of milk in the last day). We don't know how long she (and we) will be here, but we know the doctors want to come up with a plan (and see it work) before she can be discharged. Please pray the doctors can figure out what the root cause of Anna's issues are. They are calling her the "question mark" right now. We'll update you all when we know more.
9 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be praying for Anna's health, wisdom for the doctors, and extra strength for you both as you go through this hard time. Love you all
Praying!
We will add Anna, your family and your parents to our daily prayers. May God be a great source of comfort and peace as you wait for answers.
Oh dear sweet family - we have been - and will continue to ramp up our prayers for Anna Joy again. Love you!
Praying for Anna and you guys!!
Precious Anna. I just want to cry looking at another picture of her in a hospital. I know that you guys wanted to avoid that at all costs. I will be praying, obviously, for her health and healing, that she will have an increased appetite and ability to process her food. I will also be praying for you two as you face another stay at the hospital (hopefully MUCH shorter this time) and that you will encourage one another and draw your strength from the Lord. I'll keep Rex and Darcy in my prayers since I'm sure they are just as overwhelmed, stressed, and exhausted. Heather and Chad have been on my heart a lot since I heard you were heading back in. They are such sweeties and I know they're going through a lot, too. Can I watch them sometime? Maybe Mark and I could take all the kids to the zoo?
We will be praying for you and Anna.
It breaks my heart to hear that your precious baby girl is not eating. We will be praying for the entire family and the doctors as you all face this trial.
Love & Prayers,
Riann
Hoping for an update soon!
Post a Comment