Thursday, April 29, 2010

April Fun

Unfortunately, Anna Joy's last weigh-in did not go so well. She is currently 11 pounds 10 ounces. So we decided to let her try eating some oatmeal today. Hopefully, she will start gaining weight again here shortly. Her intestines are having a difficult time digesting her food and it's causing her to not want to eat. So we are praying that they will begin to start functioning as they should...soon!!

This morning I woke up and looked outside my window and saw a duck perched on our fence! A squirrel kept coming by and tried to taunt the duck...it was really funny!
It was only 76 degrees outside, but Heather couldn't wait to have the sprinkler on! She is definitely ready for summer!
Chad and Papa waiting for the trash to be picked up!
Chad was so excited that Papa fit on the swing! I couldn't stop laughing! Papa will do just about anything for his grand kids!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was sad to hear about Anna, but encouraged to see her eating "real" food! Maybe that is just what her body needs! I LOVE the pic. of Chad and your dad waiting for the trash truck- precious.:) Hang in there this week dear friend.
Hugs,
Rebekah

Anonymous said...

We just started Cody on oatmeal too because breast milk isn't getting him full enough to last all night anymore. It hasn't been an easy concept for him...the whole food downward instead of outward thing! I will be praying for Anna Joy and that she'll get eating down and will be able to digest it well and gain weight. Love the pic of Chad and Grandpa watching for the garbage man...it's the peak of Ben's week, too. (:

The Mitchells Five said...

thanks for the pictures, Angie. I'm sorry about the setback - that gives something specific to pray for at least. :) What a blessing it is to have your parents there - Chad has grown up so much since we've seen him!