Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Paging Dr. Heather Timmons

Anna's Apnea monitor went off yesterday and all three of us ran into Anna's room to make sure that she was okay. The monitor indicated that Anna was experiencing a slow heart rate (bradycardia). Thankfully, when I looked inside the crib she appeared to be okay. In a matter of seconds Heather came racing in with her stethoscope and said, "Here Mommy, I know it's not as good as the ones in the NICU, BUT it still might work!" I thanked her and explained that the nurse was coming to see Anna in about 5 minutes, so we would have help soon.
When the nurse arrived, Heather explained the whole situation and what she did to try and help.

What a blessing to know that Anna's BIG Sis is always ready to assist her little Sis!

3 comments:

Crystal said...

That is so precious Angie - truly a blessing!!

Stephanie Timmons said...

Ahh, sweet little HeatherBear - I just can't wait to squeeze her! She's already an amazing big sis - not surprising considering she has the BEST example in her Mommy! Love ya!

Michelle @ My Gluten-free Kitchen said...

That is so sweet! She is such a caring big sister! I'm so glad you have such great "help"!!!